
Summer Mud
Since the very first time we tried biking on trails...we never stopped
dreaming of trails. Every Sunday the four members of our family now heads up to Mt. Maarat to bike from the foot of the mountain up to Giant , a small Karinderia type eatery where we swear that the corned beef with sinangag tastes like Kare Kare by the time we get there. Last weekend , I felt a little bit too gutsy to try the trails knowing that we were bound to have a mudfest there. and sure enough we did. I didn't have much sleep the night before so this was a bit harder for me than the past few Sundays before. I had to take a few more rest stops and walked pretty much going up because I had a hard time with my pacing. I don't know why but there were Sundays when I didn't have much sleep but still had the zest and energy to ride ... This Sunday was horrible. With my Hydropack unfinished and my legs really stiffened I wasn't able to reach Giant this time. About a few meters before Giant we decided to head back. I don't know if that was a good idea considering that I wasn't able to rest at all anymore! Thank God I made it back down . After the ride and the cleanup we headed for a late merienda / early dinner at aling Tina's eatery and was convinced that morning rides are better for me ;)
It's been three months since we started biking. I've tried only Maarat and Camp Aguinaldo. Been to shotgun but never tried it. Maybe just going downhill soon I will, but that would be cheating!
So far all I'm worried about is how I would build stamina and endurance to minimize my walking time. That really is my problem. This last time I had an awful awful time and I can't forget it!
Plus I hate the scratches, blisters and bruises! Oh my ! My daughter said o turned into a boy. Now that's a warning!
No comments:
Post a Comment