Saturday, January 5, 2013


We ventured on a trip we didn't plan on.. We chose between Baguio and Bolinao but the allure of the beach won...... I was sick of malls already and another SM mall would not quench my appetite for a vacation. No matter how many strawberries I was thinking to devour...the sand and the sun still won...there was a bit of contemplation.....but the moment I imagined the sand on my feet.....Get ready kids ,we are leaving for Bolinao! It was not anticipated that we would enjoy it..(.since we've been frequenting the place more than expected) primarily , we just wanted to get away from the city..period....but this last vacation felt different. It was like saying goodbye to an old home. I love this place a lot but somehow , knowing my adventurous family...another destination awaits us for our next travel escape...Back when we were there , I had this feeling that we just have to explore new places...view the sunset from a different place.... So goodbye dear friend. I will miss you...Bolinao.



    We enjoy collecting shells every time . I paint shells, stick them on frames...I just love shells so much I look for them when I get really stressed, somehow they connect me to nature.... I think I already   have jars and jars of shells in my collection from Bolinao and I'm going to keep them for a long long time.




 We always stay in Coco's Bolinao , The biggest hut/ cottage had 1 room that can accommodate up to 10 pax . They have 3 queen beds inside and it can still fit 2 more queen mattresses  on the floor. This cottage also has a full kitchen with ref and stove top for cooking. Has a pretty roomy toilet and bath also ...plus the best part is, its very clean.



 The sand is not as fine as the white powdery sand in Boracay but the beach shore stretches out meters away before it glides down where you can't swim anymore. No one is allowed to swim beyond the ocean drop/ ridge where the waves are very strong. But the water is only knee deep for quite a long distance... I enjoy that very much. That's what I come back here for. Back in 2000 , when my now 17 year old girl used to be a baby , she used to run back and forth from the cottage to the shore and I wouldn't worry.

This is the store where we purchase most of our canned food supplies, sodas ..etc. they  have assorted goods here and everything you need to make fruit salad....So we never got hungry. We also visit the wet market in the morning for fresh seafood to grill for lunch and dinner.





        Yeah , Einstein was very comfortable sleeping on top of faith's pillow. This little boy is so used to this place, he runs towards the waves and forget he hates the water.




Bye Bolinao............Thank you for all the vacations we spent in your shores. I will miss the tupig and fresh fish from your market , the super sweet watermelons that we bought for only 12pesos per kilo....whew!  and the many hours we enjoyed scouring the sand for hermit crabs.....precious memories that will stay in our hearts forever.

No comments: